PANCREATECTOMY IN INDIA
What is pancreatectomy ?
Pancreatectomy is surgical removal of pancreas. Pancreatectomy is a surgical operation performed by expert surgeons.
Conditions for pancreatectomy ?
- Acinar cell tumors
- Adenocarcinoma (85% of all cancers in pancrea)
- Cancer of the ampulla of Vater (ampullary cancer)
- Cancer of the distal (lower portion) of the bile duct.
- Cystadenoma (mucinous/serous)
- Duodenal cancer
- Islet cell tumors (neuroendocrine tumors)
- Necrotising pancreatitis
- Papillary cystic neoplasms
- Severe chronic pancreatitis
- Severe hyperinsulinemic hypoglycemia
- Severe Trauma
Best hospitals for pancreatectomy in India
- BLK Super Specialty Hospital, New Delhi
- Apollo, Chennai
- Artemis Hospital, Gurugram
- Gleneagles Global, Bangalore
- Gleneagles global heath city, Chennai
- Continental hospital, Hyderabad
- Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai
- Max Saket, Delhi
- Yashoda hospitals, Hyderabad
- Fortis Hospital, Kolkata
- Narayana Health city
Cost of pancreatectomy in India
Cost of pancreatectomy is approximately $ 12000- $18,000 USD in a good hospital in India. At least 10-12 day of hospital stay is required in this procedure.