Ovarian cancer treatment in India is done by expert Gynecological oncologists. However, these specialist doctors are not available at all the cancer centres at present. Only selected and big cancer centers in India have these specialists.
What is ovarian cancer ?
Women have two ovaries, one on each side of the uterus. The ovaries, each about the size of an almond, produce eggs (ova) as well as the female sex hormones estrogen and progesterone. Cancer inside the ovary is termed as ovarian cancer. There are three types of ovarian cancer ;
- Epithelial type
- Germ cell type
- Stromal type
Characteristics of ovarian cancer
- Ovarian cancer is the third most common cancer amongst women.
- It usually occurs in women aged 50 Years or above.
- This form of cancer is often called as the “silent killer” because the symptoms manifest at a late stage of the disease.
- Since the ovaries are located deep inside the abdomen, they are not easily accessible for examination.
Causes of ovarian cancer
The exact cause of the disease is still under investigation. However, studies show these women are at higher risk who :
- Have no children
- Have had breast or colon cancer
- Use fertility drugs regularly
- Are on or have undergone hormone replacement therapy
- Ageing (Women more than 50 yrs of age have greater chances of catching ovarian cancer)
- Family history
- Early onset of periods
- Late menopause
- 1st child after 30
- Using estrogen
Signs and Symptoms of ovarian cancer
The symptoms of ovarian cancer are often not recognized early in the disease. They may also be so vague in the earlier stages that they can easily be ignored. Some of the common symptoms are :
- Abdominal bloating – Stomach ache and abdominal discomfort accompanied by a feeling of belatedness or fullness of the stomach.
- Frequent & urgent urination
- Back pain
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding
- Pelvic pain
- Menstrual irregularities
- Pain during sexual intercourse
- Sudden weight gain or weight loss without any apparent reason
- Loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, constipation, and frequent urination in some cases.
Diagnosis of ovarian cancer
- Pelvic examination conducted by a gynecologist may detect ovarian cancer.
- Physical examination of lump and vagina
- Blood test
- Ultra sound
- PET CT Scan
- CT Scan
Treatment of ovarian cancer
Costs of ovarian cancer treatment in India
Cost of ovarian cancer treatment in India starts from 1.2 Lacs ($1599 USD) and goes upto 8 Lacs ($12,000 USD) in a good hospital in India. Cost varies as per hospital chosen & stage of the disease.
For best and cheapest ovarian cancer treatment in India please connect with +91 96 1588 1588 or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHATSAPP / IMO REPORTS at +91 96 1588 1588
> #1 in Cancer Care in India
> JCI Accredited Hospitals
> Board Certified Specialists
> 1000+ Patients Treated
- Get free consultation & cost estimate
- Save up to 80% on your treatment.
- Dedicated patient care manager.
- Free pick up and drop from the airport.
- Immediate consultation, zero waiting.*
- Medical visa assistance & letter.
- Hotel / Guest house booking.
GET COST ESTIMATE
Our Panel Hospitals
All our panel hospitals are JCI or NABH accredited hospitals specializes in treatment of cancer. We have tie up with more than 100 best hospitals in 8 metro cities of India.
All of our panel hospitals uses latest technology for the treatment of cancer. We have team of super specialist cancer surgeons who perform highly advanced minimally invasive and open surgical procedures.
All our panel of consultants are board certified and trained to handle any kind of complex benign and malignant tumors. We also provides advice and support for the challenges that a patient may face on their cancer journey.
our panel hospitals
our panel doctors
SEND US REPORTS
Send us patient latest reports on mail, WhatsApp or Imo on + 91 30884 30884
Receive treatment plan, price quotation from best hospitals, medical visa invitation along with other details.
Travel to India. Will be received by our representative at the airport.
Receive your treatment at the chosen hospital. Receive personalized care and help during stay in India.
EXPERIENCE CARE AT OUR CENTERS
Our cancer centers boast of amazing care along with quality of treatment. We offer a comprehensive range of cancer treatments and services based on latest research and technology. Our our super specialist doctors, nursing & para medic staff certified by national and international boards.
WE UNDERSTAND YOUR TREATMENT REQUIREMENTS
The type of treatment a patient require depends on the type of cancer one have. We design the customized treatment for the patient so as to ensure better health outcome and also ensure low economic burden to the patient.
POST TREATMENT FOLLOW UP & CARE
We remain in touch of the patient even after the treatment is over just to ensure he is living a healthy life. In event of any issues or health problem patient can text his problems and we provide free online consultation. We also conduct patient education camps and programs from time to time to ensure patient is aware of all the happenings in cancer treatment and care.
WHAT IF I SUSPECT OF ovarian cancer ?
Simply text your concerns
Don’t worry simply whatsapp your concern to us and we shall guide you on how to remove your doubts. Whatsapp or text your reports at + 91 30884 30884.
Send us your reports
Once you get results of the reports again text, mail or whatsapp us those reports. Based on those reports our panel of doctors and expert consultants suggest you what to do next ?
Get free advice
Once you text your concerns our panel of doctors suggest some simple tests to ensure or rule out the possibility of any disease.This service is totally free.
In case reports shows some abnormalities immediately show to a specialist. Cancer if detected early can be treated.