This website only provides disease information services and doctor consultation services for patients. Any consultation suggestions about diseases are reference opinions.
The treatment plan is decided and implemented by patients, hospitals and attending physicians. This website and consulting physicians do not assume legal responsibility caused by consulting behaviors. CancerFax does not in any form takes responsibility for lapses in treatment made by doctor’s and hospitals in India or abroad. CancerFax only facilitates the treatment with doctor’s and hospitals affiliated hospitals.
Further, the Company makes no warranty:
- That the content made available on the Platform is complete, updated or accurate; or
- That the third party information made available on the Platform or the third party links made available on the Platform are accurate, reliable or complete.
Each User registering on the Platform represents, warrants and undertakes to the Company as follows:
- That all information that has been uploaded by the User on the Platform is true, complete and accurate;
- Each User agrees and acknowledges that the Company is only a platform that facilitates and assists the Users to connect to world-class oncologists and specialist oncology service providers registered on the Platform and that the Company itself is not an expert on the provision of medical or healthcare services of any type;
- You agree that the Company shall not be liable in any manner for any interaction or consultation that you may have with a Platform registered oncologist or service provider outside of or independent of the Platform;
- You agree and acknowledge that the secondary medical opinion obtained by you via the Platform shall be treated only as a secondary or ancillary opinion of a medical practitioner and shall not be treated as a consultation rendered by the concerned oncologist. In no event shall the Medical Opinion substitute the primary consultation and treatment that is being obtained by a Patient;
- The information provided by an oncologist and displayed on the Platform relating to the practice areas of the oncologist, expertise, educational qualifications etc. are preliminarily reviewed and vetted by the Company, but the Company shall not be liable in any manner be responsible for any inaccuracy with respect to such information;
- The oncologists providing Services on the platform do not have the benefit of information that would be obtained by examining a Patient in person and observing his / her physical condition. You agree that you choose to use the Services while acknowledging this limitation;
- The Company does not endorse or recommend the engagement of any particular oncologist or service provider listed on the Platform, and a Patient shall engage with an oncologist or a service provider at the Patient’s own risk and volition; and
- The Company shall not be responsible for any wrong advice or medication or the quality of the treatment being given by an oncologist or a service provider or for any medical negligence on the part of an oncologist or a service provider.
If you have any questions or grievances regarding the Platform, or the contents thereof, you may reach out to the Grievance officer of the Company’s customer support at firstname.lastname@example.org (the “Grievance Officer”). The Grievance Officer shall address any complaint or grievance that is raised by a User within a period of one (1) month from when it is raised.
Governing Law : Jurisdiction
This Agreement is governed by the provisions of Indian law, including but not limited to the following:
- the Indian Contract Act, 1872;
- the (Indian) Information Technology Act, 2000;
- the (Indian) Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Information) Rules, 2011; and
- the (Indian) Information Technology (Intermediaries Guidelines) Rules, 2011.
This Platform originates from the State of West Bengal in India. This Agreement will be governed by the laws that are applicable in the State of West Bengal. By using this Platform, you consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the courts located in West-Bengal, India in connection with any action, suit, proceeding or claim arising under or by reason of this Agreement.